We are looking for passionate individuals from different backgrounds with a car, driving licence and live in the Eastern suburbs, Inner City and North Shore to join our team to provide support to our aged clients to remain in their homes living active and independent lives. You will support and assist with a wide range of daily living activities including personal care, cleaning/domestic assistance, meal preparation, respite, shopping, transport to/from appointments and day programs, and other activities.
We are looking for people from all different backgrounds who have:
• A passion for working with the elderly and desire to support older people with daily living activities
• Some experience working with the elderly (personal and volunteer experience count!)
• Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the elderly and their carers
• A driver's licence and own car (Essential)
• Comprehensive car insurance (Essential)
• First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
Please note that you must be available to work at least 4 days per week (a minimum of 20 hours) from Monday to Friday.
Casual late afternoon and evening positions up to 22.00 are also available. If you are interested, please mention this in your Cover Letter.
Desired Skills and Experience
Although it is not essential, it would be great if you have professional experience working in the aged care sector and hold a relevant qualification (Certificate III in Aged Care or similar).
This is a community-based position, so the successful candidate will be required to travel to people’s homes and provide one-on-one assistance. The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to work in a home environment.
For more details and to apply please go to :http://www.jewishcare.com.au/careers