Hills Nursing has vacancies for experienced and reliable Assistants in Nursing, specialising in disability care, to provide in-home care to our client with spinal cord injury in the Canoelands area of Sydney, NSW.
Hills Nursing provides care for clients 7 days a week.
8 hrs shifts are available presently on a Saturday (alternate week) and Sunday noon to 8pm.
In this role, you may provide a variety of services to our client, including,
- Personal care and grooming
- Medication prompting
- Hoisting/ Manual Handling
- Assistance around the home e.g. domestic
- Bowel care
- Social support and companionship
- Close monitoring of client’s condition
The successful applicant/s will have
- Previous experience providing care for people with physical and intellectual disabilities
- A driver’s licence and access to a vehicle with comprehensive insurance plus the confidence to drive a van if required
- A current First Aid certificate
- Smart phone and email access
- Current Police Check clearance and Working With Children Check clearance or willingness to obtain
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Professional presentation
Applicants will be required to provide originals or certified copies of all essential documentation.
The work environment is a well-maintained family home.
If you are interested in a position where you can make a real difference in the community and assist our clients to remain independent at home, please click the relevant link. Be sure to provide in your résumé the current phone numbers of at least two referees.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.