Family Support WA is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families, through service support. Our values are that of promoting choice, individuality, respect, openness, and integrity.
- Are you a caring and compassionate person?
- Do you have a genuine desire to make a positive impact on the life of an individual with a disability?
An opportunity exists for full-time shared living Volunteer to provide live-in support to a 47-year-old male in Lesmurdie. He is looking for company, for someone to become his mentor and share his accommodation. The individual has Down Syndrome and communicates non verbally using key signs and body language. Previous experience supporting someone with varied communication needs is an advantage.
We are looking for a tidy, confident, self-motivated person to home share. Long term commitment preferred.
As part of this role, you will need to have a reliable and a current driver’s license.
The person receiving care will require assistance with:
- Domestic Assistance - e.g. cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping
- Personal Care -e.g. showering, dressing, grooming, medication
- Driving and Community Access - e.g. driving to appointments, shops, outings if needed
- Personal Administration - e.g. booking appointments
Successful applicants must possess a recent National Police Clearance Certificate and current Working with Children Check, or be willing to apply for them. They must also hold a current First Aid qualification or be willing to complete First Aid training.
Although this is a volunteer role, reimbursements are given for all reasonable expenses. In addition, comprehensive training, advice, and support is offered by our experienced management team.
If you have any questions about this volunteering opportunity, please contact Gail Dornan at Family Support WA on[Login to get contact number]or[Login to get contact number], or alternatively email – [Login to get email id]