This young person has Down Syndrome, Autism and severe intellectual disability. They currently need care on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1445 to 1800, with the potential to increase.
The successful candidate would enjoy long, predictable shifts, the satisfaction of assisting a young person through their daily activities and the opportunity to pick up other work.
In this role, you may provide a variety of services, including:
- PEG feeding
- Medication assistance
- Personal care including colostomy routines
- Behavioural support
- In-home respite
- Transport to and from school
- Assistance around the home
The successful applicant/s will have
- A passion for caring for people with a disability
- A current First Aid certificate
- Current Police Check and Working With Children Check
- A current driver’s licence, and reliable car with comprehensive insurance
- Smart phone and email access
- Attention to detail
- Friendly approach and excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Professional presentation
Previous experience providing care for people with physical or mental disability as well as a relevant Certificate III or IV or a willingness to obtain a qualification , will be highly regarded.
Applicants will be required to provide originals or certified copies of all essential documentation.
If you are interested in a position where you can make a real difference in the community and assist our clients to remain independent at home, please click the relevant link. Be sure to provide in your résumé the current phone numbers of at least two referees.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.