Hills Nursing has a vacancy for an experienced and reliable Assistant in Nursing, to provide in-home care to our client in Bilpin, NSW.
This client is quadriplegic.They require care 6pm - 8pm Monday, Wednesday & Thursday. On a Tuesday they require care for 2 hours in the morning following into a 4 hour shift assisting with shopping.
This position would be ideal if you want regular work but have limited time availability. The successful candidate may also be provided the opportunity to pick up other shifts.
In this role, you may provide a variety of services, including:
- Personal care and grooming
- Assistance around the home e.g. domestic
- Meal preparation
- Medication assistance
- In-home respite
- Manual handling - using a hoist or lifter
The successful applicant/s will have:
- Previous experience providing care and support to elderly or disabled clients, preferably in a community setting
- A relevant Certificate III or IV qualification, or willingness to obtain
- A current First Aid certificate
- A current driver's licence, and reliable car with comprehensive insurance
- Smart phone and email access
- Current Police Check and Working With Children Check, or willingness to obtain/renew
- Great time management
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Professional presentation
- Experience managing challenging behaviours
Applicants will be required to provide originals or certified copies of all essential documentation.
If you are interested in a position where you can make a real difference in the community and assist our clients to remain independent at home, please click the "Apply Now" button. Please provide in your résumé the current phone numbers of at least two referees.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.