HomeCaring is a highly experienced Client Services Management team dedicated to ensuring our team of committed Community Support Workers and Nurses provide the highest quality of care to our clients in the community 24/7. The HomeCaring team is proud to be leading the home care evolution in Australia which offers our senior and disabled members of our community with more choices and overall, a better standard of care.
HomeCaring is a locally owned organisation who specialize in and aspire to improving the quality of life of people living with dementia, ageing and disability by allowing them to continue to live independently in their own homes and keeping them socially connected for as long as possible.
HomeCaring is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for passionate and dedicated Group Home Team Leaders who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
We have two Group Homes in Campbelltown and Southern Highlands. Both have young male clients with high levels of challenging behaviours. There are established teams of staff presently supporting these individuals and the backing of a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role will encompass responsibilities related to:
- Managing a team of support staff rostered to 24/7 allocated shifts in Group Home setting
- Managing petty cash
- Managing supplies or ordering
- Managing the appointments schedules of the residents
- Ensuring compliance with NDIS Quality and SafeGuarding commission
- Ensuring compliance with disability standards
- Ensuring WHS compliance
- Some hands-on shifts and on call duties apply
Our clients rely on the effective day to day management of their services, and need a team of Community Support Workers to provide their services in a respectful and compassionate manner and in line with their care plan requirements. You will need strong leadership skills to provide coaching and direction to our highly trained teams.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care or relevant industry qualification
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing teams within complex service provision
- A current National Police Clearance Certificate
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Eligible working rights in Australia
- Current driver’s license and a fully insured and reliable motor vehicle
- Contemporary office skills including operating Microsoft Office environment and rostering software.