HomeCaring is a highly experienced Client Services Management team dedicated to ensuring our team of committed Community Support Workers and Nurses provide the highest quality of care to our clients in the community 24/7. The HomeCaring team is proud to be leading the home care evolution in Australia which offers our senior and disabled members of our community with more choices and overall, a better standard of care.
HomeCaring is a locally owned organisation who specialize in and aspire to improving the quality of life of people living with all levels of disability by allowing them to strive towards their dreams and goals of independent living while we provide quality homes and trained staff for people to choose.
HomeCaring is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for passionate and dedicated Group Home Support Workers who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
We have several homes in the wider Campbelltown, Liverpool, Lepptington and Camden areas. There are established teams of staff presently supporting these homes and the backing of a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role will encompass responsibilities related to:
- Supporting clients with personal care and mealtime support
- Providing active support for clients assisting them to develop their general living skills
- Providing support to access the community and recreation programs
- Providing general supervision and emotional support
Our clients rely on the effective day to day management of their services and need a team of Community Support Workers to provide their services in a respectful and compassionate manner and in line with their care plan requirements. You will need strong communication skills and effective ways of teaching people to increase their social living skills.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care or relevant industry qualification
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the Community Services sector
- A current National Police Clearance Certificate
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Eligible working rights in Australia
- Current driver’s license and a fully insured and reliable motor vehicle
- Contemporary office skills including operating Microsoft Office environment