Oxley Home Care is a highly respected and well established Community Home Care organisation providing both private and government funded services throughout the Sydney Metropolitan Region.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and caring male Community Care Worker with a positive and proactive approach to support our clients to remain living at home. We are looking for Care Workers with the ability to build strong, positive and trustworthy relationships with our clients.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours (must be available at least 5 days a week)
- Casual employment contract; regular clients and ongoing services
- Online and face-to face training
- Work for a Leading Home Care Organisation
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist client with personal care (e.g. showering, dressing, grooming, toileting and continence care)
- Provide domestic assistance (household cleaning, laundry and ironing tasks)
- Assist client with basic meal preparation
- Dementia and Respite services
- Provide transport for clients to access community and appointments
- Social support and shopping
Skills & Experience
- Cert III or IV in Aged Care, Home and Community Care
- Hoist experience
- Previous experience in similar role
- Dementia experience
- Own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- NSW driver’s licence
- Smart phone with internet access
- Cooking experience
- Valid National Police check (or willing to obtain one)
- Current First Aid certificate (or willing to obtain one)
* Reliable transport with comprehensive insurance to transport clients is essential for this role.
Care Workers who speaks a second language are encouraged to apply and work with our diverse range of clients and nationalities.
Successful applicant will undertake a comprehensive induction and training as well as ongoing support with access to professional development.
If you are enthusiastic, passionate about the elderly and have experience in Community Care work, we would love to hear from you.